Happy Gum Disease Awareness Month! Another year has bit the dust, and we’ve made a lot of progress since then. At Quimson Dental Care, we’ve spent the last 365 days combating gum disease with a powerful new weapon. Introducing: Perio Protect! If this is your first time hearing of Perio Protect, don’t worry. Spreading awareness about gum disease and its correlating treatment is one of our highest priorities.
Symptoms of Gum Disease:
As Sun Tzu said, “Know thy enemy and know yourself; in a hundred battles, you will never be defeated.” To best combat gum disease, we must know what it is, why it develops, and its most common symptoms. If you notice any signs of gum disease, contact us:
- Loose Teeth. All roads may lead to Rome, but all wiggly teeth lead to tooth loss! When gums become adequately infected, it disrupts the base of teeth, resulting in a weak structure and lack of foundation. Don’t lose your teeth; call a dentist instead.
- Bleeding Gums. Bloody gums may sound like something from a horror film, but don’t be fooled- it can happen to anyone with gum disease.
- Foul Breath. While various issues can cause bad breath, gum disease may be one of them. Regardless of the root cause, it’s a good idea to check it out; you don’t want to alienate your friends and family with stinky breath.
- Shrinking Gums. Shrinking, dropping, or loosening gums is often a sign of internal infection. So if your gums start slipping from your teeth, it’s time to raise an eyebrow or two.
- Ulcers or Red Patches. Ulcers, lumps, and red patches are big no-nos.
- Mystery Pus. No matter how mysterious it may seem, mystery pus always has a cause. We’ll find out whether it’s gum disease or a type of infection.
Treat Gum Disease with Perio Protect
Perio Protect offers a unique solution to an age-old problem. Perio Trays are similar to mouth-guards and come with a specialized sealing system. It’ll apply medication beneath the gums, which combat the periodontal infection at point-blank range. Patients will wear Perio Trays for a few minutes daily, giving them great flexibility and outstanding results.
How to Celebrate Gum Disease Awareness Month:
It’s not all doom and gloom! There’s plenty of reason to celebrate this Gum Disease Awareness Month. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Increase Personal Hygiene. Celebrate the month with an oral hygiene boost. Keep your gums out of the danger zone with regular brushing and flossing. Go the extra mile with mouthwash and by limiting sugar intake.
- Educate the Youth. If you’re a parent, don’t let this opportunity slip! Teach your child good habits and the effects of gum disease. After all, sound habits can be the difference between lifelong health and illness.
- Surprise Your Dentist. Dentists do a lot for your gums! Return the favor with a well-deserved thank you card. It might be the first gift they’ve ever received in the office- they’ll never forget you!
Perio Protect in San Francisco, California
Perio Protect offers you a modern, powerful tool for fighting gum disease. While other treatments may prove effective, Perio Protect provides an all-encompassing experience that can eliminate gum disease. At Quimson Dental Care, we spare no expense on your experience. Our spacious office is filled with advanced technology, making our clinic look like a set from a Sci-Fi movie.
Dr. Noreen Quimson and team are proud to offer you the highest grade of Perio Protect available. Come Celebrate Gum Disease Awareness Month with us, and schedule an appointment today.